Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are an invaluable, tax-advantaged way to save for qualified medical expenses. At GECU we realize this account is helping you save for healthcare expenses so we don’t charge the fees commonly associated with HSAs. Details include:
- No minimum to open or maintain
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Free HSA checks
- Account access through our no annual fee ATM/Debit Card and free Online Banking with e-Statements and Web BillPay
HSA Certificates can help you earn even more! As unspent balances from year to year remain in the account, you can earn higher interest while your balance grows. We offer various terms with low minimum balances.
Since HSAs are a specialized account, they must be opened in person with the help of a loan officer, branch manager, or IRA specialist. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
To make a regular contribution to your HSA, you can:
- Set-up Payroll Deduction
- Make a deposit with a teller
- Mail-in your deposit to our Reading Road office using an HSA Regular Contribution Form (this form can also be put into our Night Deposit Boxes or Express Boxes at select office locations).
To make a transfer or a rollover from another HSA, you must talk with a loan officer, branch manager, or IRA specialist. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.