It's easy to use and secure.
Have an Android device and a GECU credit card?* Whether you’re at a store, shopping on your mobile device, or making a purchase online, you’re ready to use Google Pay!
- In the Google Pay app on your device, touch the “+” symbol to add your GECU credit card (debit cards coming later).*
- Position your card in the camera frame to automatically populate your card information, enter the security code on the back of your card, and provide additional information as required.
- Accept the Terms of Service and, if you haven’t already, set your screen lock.
- Set your GECU credit card as your default by locating Google Settings, then selecting your GECU credit card.
Ready to Pay?
- In-Stores: When shopping with Google Pay, simply unlock your phone and place it near a contactless terminal. You don’t even need to open the app. A subtle vibration will alert you that the payment has been transmitted. That’s it! You’ll receive a payment confirmation including the date, time, and amount of the transaction. And, when you use Google Pay at select merchants, your loyalty points and offers are automatically applied at checkout, too.
- In-Apps or On A Website: Just select Google Pay button when shopping in participating merchant apps or using your Chrome browser online.
Google Pay Security
When you use Google Pay, your GECU credit card number isn't stored on your phone or given to the merchant. Instead, your card is assigned a device account number to represent your account information so your card details remain secure.
If your GECU credit card is lost or stolen, contact GECU Member Services immediately; a representative can cancel your credit card, order a new one, and deactivate your credit card in Google Pay to ensure there is no unauthorized use of your card.
If your Android device is lost or stolen, you may contact GECU Member Services or Google Pay Support at: 855.648.2862 to deactivate your GECU credit card in the device. You should also contact your mobile service provider. In addition, you can use Android Device Manager to find your phone's approximate location and determine when it was last used. Once your device is located, you can remotely ring, lock, or erase it. Please refer to the Android website for more information.
*At this time, the use of Google Pay is only available for GECU credit cards.
• Google™ account
• Screen lock enabled (i.e. fingerprint or PIN)
• Open Google Pay.
• Tap on the card you wish to set as your default to get the “back of card” view.
• Select “Set as default card.”
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Pay Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Need Help? Visit Google Pay SupportContact Support
Back to Top