Simple and secure.
Available for GECU credit and debit cards
Simply load your GECU credit and/or debit cards into your Wallet® app (formerly Passbook), then make payments in-store, in-app, and now on the web.
To use your GECU credit or debit card and Apple Pay, you’ll need an Apple iPhone® 6 or newer, Apple Watch®, or newer models of iPad® with iOS 8.1 or later.
Get started by adding your GECU credit or debit cards to your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac. Visit: apple.com/support for step-by-step instructions for each device.
After you've added your card(s), you can start using Apple Pay. To pay in stores, you need your iPhone or Apple Watch. Within apps, you need your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. To pay on websites in Safari, you need either your MacBook Pro with Touch ID or your Mac and your iPhone or Apple Watch. Learn more>>
Apple Pay Security
To ensure the security of Apple Pay, you must have a passcode or Touch ID set on your device; for an Apple Watch, Wrist Detect must also be enabled. Additionally:
- Your full card number and identity are never shown to the merchant. When you load your cards, instead of using your actual card number, Apple Pay creates a unique device account number which is assigned to each card and encrypted when you pay.
- If you are asked to provide the last 4 digits of your card when shopping, use the last 4 digits of your device account number (not the last 4 digits on your physical card). You can find this in the Wallet app by selecting the card, clicking the “i” in the bottom right-hand corner, and scrolling down to device account number; the last 4 digits should be displayed.
- If your device is lost or stolen, contact GECU Member Services to deactivate your GECU credit and/or debit cards in the device. You should also contact your mobile service provider. If you have the Find My iPhone app downloaded to your device, you can use it to remotely lock your device or clear your phone completely. Please refer to the Apple website for more information about Find My iPhone.
Apple Pay FAQs
What do I need to use Apple Pay?
• A compatible Apple device (see a list of compatible devices
• The latest version of iOS
• United States as your selected region
• Touch ID or passcode enabled on your device
• iCloud® account
• Supported GECU credit and/or debit cards
Is there a fee to use Apple Pay?
No. Please be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.
Where can I use Apple Pay?
You can use Apple Pay in many of the places you already visit regularly, such as: grocery stores, boutiques, restaurants, and hotels. You can also use Apple Pay in a variety of apps and on participating websites using Safari on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. You can find a complete list on the Apple Pay site
What GECU cards can I add to Apple Pay?
Apple Pay will work with GECU credit and debit cards.
How do I change my default card to my GECU card?
The credit or debit card associated with your iTunes® account or the first card you add to your Wallet app is your default card. To change your default card: Go to Settings, then Wallet & Apple Pay, tap Default Card, and choose the GECU card you wish to use.
When I'm paying in store using my debit card, should I choose “debit” or “credit” on the terminal?
When presented with this choice, we recommend you choose “credit” to get the most consistent Apple Pay experience.
How safe are my payments with Apple Pay?
When you use Apple Pay, your GECU card number isn’t stored on your device, on Apple servers, or given to the merchant. A unique device account number is created for each card you add and encrypted when you use that card to pay.
How do I return an item that I bought using Apple Pay in a store?
The cashier will use the device account number to find the purchase and process the return, just like they would with a traditional card payment. To see the last four digits of your device account number, go to Wallet, tap the card, then tap the “i” icon in the bottom right-hand corner. If the cashier needs your card details to process the return, follow the same steps for making a payment, hold the device you used to make the payment near the card reader, select the card you used to make the original payment, and authorize the return using Touch ID or a passcode.
What if my GECU credit or debit card is lost or stolen?
Please contact GECU Member Services
immediately to let us know. You should also mention that you added your GECU card(s) to Apple Pay. We can close your GECU card(s), order new ones, and deactivate your card(s) in Apple Pay to ensure there is no unauthorized use of your card.
What if my Apple device is lost or stolen?
If your Apple Pay-enabled Apple device is lost or stolen, contact GECU Member Services
to deactivate your credit and/or debit cards in the device. You should also contact your mobile service provider. If you have the Find My iPhone app downloaded to your device, you can use it to remotely lock your device. Please refer to the Apple website
for more information about Find My iPhone.
Who do I contact for Apple Pay support?
You may find answers to your questions on the Apple Pay Support webpage
. If you need further assistance, please contact Apple Pay Support at: 855.553.4291. Further account verification may be required to activate your GECU cards, at which point you'll be directed to a GECU Member Service representative.
Where can I get more information on Apple Pay?
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, Touch ID, iPad Air, and iPad mini are trademarks of Apple Inc.