Since 1954, GECU has grown into one of the largest financial institutions in Greater Cincinnati with over $2.8 billion in assets. With this growth and your needs in mind, we’ve begun the process of implementing a new core processing system. Additionally, and simultaneously, we will be transitioning to a new, modern Online and Mobile Banking platform. While our processor operates behind the scenes, both systems will play an integral role in your experience with GECU.
On June 30th, we will begin the conversions and complete them throughout the weekend. This will affect our business hours during this time and we encourage all our members to read the information we provide, plan ahead, and know that these changes will help us offer you additional products and services many have asked for moving forward.
Friday, June 30, 2017
- All branches, our Contact Center (Member Services), and our Phone Loan Center, will be open regular hours on Friday, June 30th.
- Beginning at 6:00 pm, Online and Mobile Banking, including all online services, such as: Web BillPay, credit card access, e-Alerts, e-Statements, will be unavailable until 9:00 am on Monday, July 3rd.
- Sourceline will be unavailable beginning 6:00 pm, Friday, June 30th.
Saturday, July 1, 2017 & Sunday, July 2, 2017
- All branches, our Contact Center, and Phone Loan Center will be closed as we work to complete the conversion. Online and Mobile Banking which includes all online services will remain unavailable.
Monday, July 3, 2017
- We will open and resume normal business hours. Monday, July 3rd is typically a very busy day as it’s before the 4th of July holiday. Please be patient with us; consider handling all in-branch transaction(s) prior to Friday, June 30th.
- Contact Center will be available at 8:00 am
- All branches will open at their normal time for business
- Online/Mobile Banking and Sourceline will be available by 9:00 am
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- We’ll be closed for the 4th of July holiday; Online/Mobile Banking, ATMs, and Sourceline will be available.
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- We will resume normal business hours. View our list of offices and hours.
- Share/Savings, consumer loan, and mortgage account numbers will be changing.
- Account statements will be enhanced, making them easier to review.
- Online and Mobile Banking systems will be upgraded. The first time you log in, you’ll use your existing Login ID and a temporary password (4-digit birth year + last 4 digits of SSN); you’ll then be asked to create a new Login ID and password.
- Our new Mobile Banking app will need to be downloaded from your app store.
- Post-conversion, scheduled/recurring transfers currently in place in Online Banking or Popmoney® will need to be set up again as these will not transfer to our new system.
- e-Alerts, account nicknames, and shared accounts/sub-users will need to be set up again as they will not transfer to our new system.
- Your member number and GECU’s routing number will not change.
- Account details – such as deposit/loan terms, rates, and features – will remain the same.
- If you’re a Web BillPay user: all billers, history, e-Bills, scheduled bill payments, and reminders will convert. What you have set up June 30th, you’ll have July 3rd after the conversion.
- GECU credit cards will not be affected and you will not receive a new card.
- FREE/Premium FREE Checking, Money Market, and HSA Checking account numbers will not change. You’ll be able to use your existing checks and ATM/debit cards (PINs will not change).
- Direct deposit, payroll deduction, and ACH transactions will not be affected.
Our Conversion Guide will be made available to you, and updated as needed, through conversion weekend. Please check back often so you know you'll have the most up-to-date version. And, be sure to check-out the helpful Preparation Checklist on page 10.Conversion Guide
Updated as of: 4.28.17