EVOLVE: Embrace the Journey
On June 30th, we will begin our core processing system conversion and Online and Mobile Banking upgrade to be completed throughout the weekend (June 30th – July 2nd). Why are we doing this? Read this important message from our CEO.
How Will This Affect You?
Our business hours and Online and Mobile Banking availability will be affected (see Important Dates below). We encourage all our members to read the information we provide, plan ahead, and know that these changes will help us offer you additional products and services many have asked for moving forward.
Friday, June 30, 2017
- All branches, our Contact Center (Member Services), and our Phone Loan Center, will be open regular hours on Friday, June 30th.
- Beginning at 6:00 pm, Online and Mobile Banking, including all online services, such as: Web BillPay, credit card access, e-Alerts, e-Statements, will be unavailable until 9:00 am on Monday, July 3rd.
- Mobile Deposits (through Mobile Banking) will be accepted until 12:00 pm, Friday, June 30th.
- Sourceline will be unavailable beginning 6:00 pm, Friday, June 30th.
Saturday, July 1, 2017 & Sunday, July 2, 2017
- All branches, our Contact Center, and Phone Loan Center will be closed as we work to complete the conversion. Online and Mobile Banking which includes all online services will remain unavailable.
Monday, July 3, 2017
- We will open and resume normal business hours. Monday, July 3rd is typically a very busy day as it’s before the 4th of July holiday. Please be patient with us; consider handling all in-branch transaction(s) prior to Friday, June 30th.
- Contact Center will be available at 8:00 am
- All branches will open at their normal time for business
- Online/Mobile Banking and Sourceline will be available by 9:00 am
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- We’ll be closed for the 4th of July holiday; Online/Mobile Banking, ATMs, and Sourceline will be available.
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- We will resume normal business hours. View our list of offices and hours.
Our Member Service Contact Center will be temporarily extending hours both pre- and post-conversions; please see hours below.
Starting, Monday 6/19 – Saturday, 8/12:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am - 7 pm
- Saturday: 9 am - 3 pm
- Exceptions: Conversion week (see below) and hours on 6/30 will be 8 am - 6 pm
- Monday, 7/3: 8 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday, 7/4: 9 am - 3 pm
- Wednesday, 7/5 – Friday, 7/7: 8 am - 8 pm
- Saturday, 7/8 and Sunday, 7/9: 9 am - 5 pm
- Share/Savings, consumer loan, and mortgage account numbers will be changing.
- Account statements will be enhanced, making them easier to review.
- Online and Mobile Banking systems will be upgraded. The first time you log in, you’ll use your existing Username and a one-time temporary password (4-digit birth year + last 4 digits of SSN); you’ll then be asked to create a new Username and password.
- Our new Mobile Banking app will need to be downloaded from your app store.
- Post-conversion, scheduled/recurring transfers currently in place in Online Banking or Popmoney® will need to be set up again as these will not transfer to our new system.
- e-Alerts, account nicknames, and shared accounts/sub-users will need to be set up again as they will not transfer to our new system.
- Your member number and GECU’s routing number will not change.
- Account details – such as deposit/loan terms, rates, and features – will remain the same.
- If you’re a Web BillPay user: all billers, history, e-Bills, scheduled bill payments, and reminders will convert. What you have set up June 30th, you’ll have July 3rd after the conversion.
- GECU credit cards will not be affected and you will not receive a new card.
- FREE/Premium FREE Checking, Money Market, and HSA Checking account numbers will not change. You’ll be able to use your existing checks, ATM cards, or debit cards (PINs will not change).
- Direct deposit, payroll deduction, and ACH transactions will not be affected.
You’ve asked, we’ve listened. We’re excited to bring you a variety of new features and enhancements available after our conversions. Not only will our upgrades help us provide you the best possible member experience, but they will also pave the way for new products and services in the future.
A few of the new features you can look forward to include:
- New, faster loan process when applying online or from our mobile app to electronic signatures and closing.
- New monthly statements for primary and secondary mortgages and Anytime Lines of Credit.
- Coming soon! Open accounts and certificates online or within our Mobile Banking app.
New Online and Mobile Banking features include:
- Enhanced, streamlined experience across devices; enjoy many of the same features available on Online Banking and through our new and improved mobile app.
- GECU credit card management capabilities; access history, statements, and more from Online Banking or through our mobile app.
- Robust, customizable alerts including push alert options for mobile.
- Quicken® and QuickBooks® transaction export options.
- Convenient person-to-person payments with Popmoney® (independent from Web BillPay).
- Secure Support from within Online and Mobile Banking with our Contact Center.
- Text Message Banking with instant, on-the-go access to account balances and more.
- Access to Money Management, an industry-leading money management and budgeting tool to improve your financial life.
- Personalized purchase rewards program for your GECU debit card (coming 4th quarter 2017).
Make sure your computer is optimized for our new Online Banking. View Browser Requirements & Settings.
Our Conversion Guide will be made available to you, and updated as needed, through conversion weekend. Please check back often so you know you'll have the most up-to-date version. And, be sure to check-out the helpful Preparation Checklist on page 14.Conversion Guide
Updated as of: 6.12.17
Have a question? Review our Conversion related FAQs!ConveRsion FAQs
Updated as of: 6.8.17