For GECU credit cards only.
Samsung Pay is a simple way to make mobile payments with select Samsung Galaxy devices. Different from other digital wallets, it works at almost any retailer where you can swipe or tap a card!
- Using a compatible device, open Samsung Pay and sign-in to your Samsung Account.
- Set-up authentication method (fingerprint or PIN).
- From within the app, touch ADD or, if this is your first card, touch Add a Credit Card or Debit Card button in the center of the screen.
- Position your GECU credit card* in your phone’s camera frame or enter it manually; enter the security code on the back of your card and accept the Terms and Conditions, touch Next.
- If prompted, select a delivery method for receiving a one-time passcode; enter that code and tap Submit.
- Use your finger or a stylus to enter your signature and touch Save; touch Done to complete the process.
Note: After your card is added, it will be verified by GECU and Visa. This verification could take 5 to 10 minutes; during this time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
Paying in Stores
- On your Samsung device, swipe up from the bottom of your screen or select the Samsung Pay app icon on your screen (customize these settings within the Samsung Pay app; go to More, Settings, and Simple Pay)
- Authorize the purchase with your fingerprint or PIN
- Hover your device about ½ inch over the card reader where you’d usually swipe or use your card
Currently, Samsung Pay does not support online or in-app purchases.
Samsung Pay Security
To protect your information, Samsung Pay uses tokenization to process your payments. Instead of transmitting your physical card number, each card is assigned a unique sequence of numbers called a “token;” the token is encrypted so your personal account information is never shared with merchants. Additionally, your device is secured with your fingerprint and a PIN code; this is required to make a purchase.
If your GECU credit card is lost or stolen, contact GECU Member Services immediately; a representative can cancel your credit card, order a new one, and deactivate your credit card in Samsung Pay to ensure there is no unauthorized use of your card.
If your Samsung device is lost or stolen, you may contact GECU Member Services or Samsung Support at: 855.648.2862 to deactivate your GECU credit card in the device. You should also contact your mobile service provider. In addition, Samsung provides a Find My Mobile to locating your device and remotely disable the cards you've added in Samsung Pay. Please refer to the Samsung website for more information about the Find My Mobile feature.
*At this time, the use of Samsung Pay is only available for GECU credit cards.
©2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Samsung Pay, Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Knox and Galaxy S (and other device names) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Use only in accordance with law. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners. Screen images are simulated; actual appearance may vary. Contact your bank or financial institution to verify that it is a Samsung Pay participant. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices.
Need More Help? Samsung Pay SupportContact Support
Back to Top