Debit & ATM Card Access
Our Debit and ATM cards give you a convenient way to access your funds!
CashPlu$ Debit Card
If you have a GECU FREE or Premium FREE Checking account, we encourage you to apply for our CashPlu$ Debit Card! This card is a convenient way to access your checking account funds and it doubles as an ATM card. There's no annual fee and it carries the MasterCard® logo.
If you don't have one of our fantastic FREE Checking accounts, but still want access to your Share/Savings account, we also offer an ATM card. GECU’s ATM card operates on the JeanieSM network and allows you to make deposits and withdrawals at thousands of Jeanie ATMs located around the Greater Cincinnati area. Plus, our cards carry the STAR® and PULSE® networks, giving you access to ATMs worldwide.
We belong to national surcharge-free ATM networks.
We have a partnership with 5/3 Bank to allow GECU members to make cash withdrawals at 5/3 Bank ATMs, located in 12 states, without being surcharged. 5/3 Bank has over 2,300 ATMs in the following states: Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia. To locate 5/3 Bank ATMs, please visit: www.53.com/atm/branchatm.
The Alliance One Network, a national network of surcharge-free ATMs, are identified by their logo; you can use that ATM without being surcharged. To locate ATMs within the Alliance One Network, please visit: www.atmallianceone.org/AllianceOne/.
- Use the Alliance One Locator App to find the nearest surcharge-free ATM, wherever you are. To download the app, visit your app store, iTunes® or Google Play®, and search for "Alliance One."
Understanding ATM Fees & Surcharges.
- Fees: An ATM fee is assessed by GECU to members using a foreign (non-GECU) ATM. We are passing along a small portion of the fee GECU is charged for this transaction; it helps offset our costs.
- Surcharge: Members may be surcharged at non-GECU ATMs. ATM surcharges are charges that ATM owners assess to those using their machines; users are informed about the surcharge when making their ATM transaction. A surcharge may range anywhere from $1 - $5. Please note: We do not charge this fee, it is controlled by and collected by the ATM owner.
When you use an ATM owned by GECU, there is no fee or surcharge for any transaction.
Foreign ATMs are ATMs which GECU does not own. As discussed above, these ATM owners may charge a surcharge fee to use their machine. Please note, we do not charge this fee, it is controlled by and collected by the ATM owner.
GECU members using an ATM in the Alliance One Network will not incur a surcharge.*GECU members can also make surcharge-free cash withdrawals at 5/3 Bank ATMs. As with all foreign ATM transactions, to help offset our costs, we do pass on a small portion of the fee we are charged for the transaction.
- $.50 for JeanieSM network ATM transactions (this includes 5/3 Bank ATM transactions) and
- $.75 for non-Jeanie network ATM transactions (i.e., STAR® or PULSE® network ATMs).
How to avoid ATM fees and surcharges:
- Use a GECU ATM and it is totally free.
- Get extra cash back. When you use your debit card at the grocery store, or other merchants that allow you to use a debit card with your PIN, you can ask to get extra cash back from your purchase. You simply enter an amount higher than your purchase amount and they will give you the difference in cash.
- Take out enough cash for the week or pay period. By taking out a larger sum, you’ll cover your cash needs for the week and can avoid multiple trips to the credit union or surcharge-free ATMs. This is also a good tip to follow if you do have to use an ATM that surcharges.
- Set-up direct deposit (if offered by your employer), use the night deposit boxes (at select branches), or use our Express Boxes (at select branches).
*GECU ATM fee may apply at surcharge-free ATMs. For details, review our Fee Schedule. When using a foreign ATM within the Alliance One Network, occasionally machines will display a standard surcharge message on the screen during your transaction. Despite seeing this message, Alliance One Network members will not actually pay this surcharge when the transaction is processed through the network. This list is updated continually and is up to the institution who owns the ATM to notify the Alliance One Network of any changes. Please check your account to confirm this surcharge has not been charged to your account.