With Online Banking, it’s easy to transfer funds between your GECU accounts and you can even transfer funds between a GECU account and an account you have at another financial institution. e-Transfers are convenient and give you complete control over managing your money. Set them up as one-time or recurring transfers; a great way to make deposits and loan payments from external accounts.
Internal e-Transfers: It’s easy to transfer funds between your GECU accounts. You can easily make payments to your GECU loans or set-up a recurring transfer to build up your savings balance. These occur in real-time as they are transacted.
External e-Transfers:* Transfer funds between your GECU account(s) and other financial institutions. This is a great way to make your GECU loan payments, and deposits, from an external account.
- Transfer money into a GECU account from an account at another financial institution. There is a daily maximum of $5,000. You can make eight (8) free transfers-in each month; then there is a fee of $1.00 per transfer.
- Transfer money from a GECU account into an account at another financial institution. There is a daily maximum of $1,000. There is a fee of $5.00 for each transfer-out. These funds are put on a seven-day hold, which is automatically removed when the transfer processes.
- Important process details about e-Transfers:
- Transfers initiated before 4:30 pm typically process the next business day, in the morning.
- Transfers initiated after 4:30 pm typically process the second business day, in the morning.
- Transfers are not posted on weekends or holidays.
- Please note: When making external e-Transfers, you cannot transfer between two external accounts; you must choose to either transfer "from" an external account or "to" an external account.
To set-up and make an e-Transfer, you must first be enrolled in Online Banking. Enroll now!
To make an Internal or External e-Transfer:
- Login to Online Banking and click the Transfers & Payments tab; select Account Transfers/Payments.
- Under From Account, choose the account from which you are transferring the money (for example, a GECU checking or savings account or an External account). If you choose External, you will need to enter your external account’s routing number (RTN), account number, and additional information.
- Next, you’ll select the account to which you would like to transfer the money, either a GECU account or an External account and the amount. Again, if you choose External, you will need to enter your external account’s routing number (RTN) and account number.
- Then choose whether you want to schedule it as a One-Time or Scheduled transaction.
- If you choose One-Time, you’ll just select Process Transaction.
- If you choose Scheduled, you’ll need to complete the form to indicate the frequency and starting/ending dates. Then select Create Scheduled Transfer. Note: Scheduled payments can be edited, suspended, or canceled at anytime.
- You will be asked to confirm your transaction and be given a confirmation number.
*e-Transfers: Transfers between GECU accounts are free. You can make eight (8) free transfers-in from an external account each month; then there is a $1.00 fee per transfer. There is a daily maximum of $5,000 for transfers-in. There is a $5.00 fee for each transfer-out, to an external account. There is a daily maximum of $1,000 for transfers-out. Outbound transfers are placed on a seven-day hold, which is automatically removed when the transfer processes.