Tap. Snap. Deposit.
With Mobile Deposit, you can deposit checks in a flash anytime, anywhere using our mobile app. Deposit funds when it's convenient for you – no need to visit a branch or ATM.
How It Works
- Open our mobile banking app.
- On an Apple device, tap the Check Deposit icon; on Android select Menu, then Check Deposit.
- If this is your first time, read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Select the account you wish to deposit the funds To and enter the amount.
- Endorse the check and include For GECU Mobile Deposit Only below the endorsement line.
- Tap the camera icon next to Front and take a picture of the front of the check. Select Keep Picture or Retake Picture if it’s blurry or outside the lines.
- Take a picture of the back of your check; select Keep Picture.
- Once the check has been validated, tap Deposit.
For more details, check out the Mobile Deposit FAQs below.
Not enrolled in Mobile Banking yet? Download our app from your app store today to get started. Existing Online Banking users can use the same login information to access Mobile Banking.
Mobile Deposit FAQs
- Any check that has already been deposited via Mobile Deposit.
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you.
- Travelers checks, money orders, or savings bonds.
- Checks containing any alteration of which you know or believe to be fraudulent or not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Any checks that are not in original form with a signature, such as substitute checks or remotely created checks (as defined by Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC (Reg. CC)).
- Any item that is stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark.
- Checks written off an account at a financial institution located outside of the United States.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than six (6) months prior to the date of deposit or deemed “VOID” on the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by the Credit Union.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this Agreement.
- Checks that have already been deposited or that are in the process of being deposited, nor will you attempt to redeposit or negotiate those checks with any other party.
- Checks that have previously submitted through Mobile Deposit or through a remote deposit service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks on which a stop payment order has been issued or for which there are insufficient funds.
- Checks that otherwise violate this Agreement.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos.
- Try not to get too much of the area surrounding the check.
- Take photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on a solid, dark background before taking the photo.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible, to reduce corner-to-corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Make sure there are no shadows across the check, all four corners are visible, the check image is not blurry, and the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- In addition, make sure the amount you enter matches the amount on the check, remember to sign the back of the check, and endorse For GECU Mobile Deposit Only.
Online and Mobile Banking: We provide Online and Mobile Banking to you for free; however, Mobile and Internet data charges may apply, as well as text message charges for text commands and alerts. Please contact your service provider for details.
Back to Top