Web BillPay with Popmoney®
Paying your bills has never been easier.
Web BillPay* is available to those with a GECU FREE Checking account who are enrolled in Online Banking. This service is free for those enrolled in free e-Statements; otherwise unlimited usage is $4.95/month.
Access your bills online.
Receive e-bills from applicable companies and view your bill and payment history from the past 24 months.
Set-up a variety of payment options.
Make and schedule one-time or recurring payments. You can even set-up automatic payments to pay items, like your electric bill, or to schedule specific payment amounts at regular intervals. For those needing to make last minute payments, some billers allow Same Day and Overnight payment options.
Stay on top of upcoming payments.
Set-up email reminders for upcoming bill due dates. And, access Web BillPay wherever it’s convenient through Mobile Banking or by adding the Web BillPay Widget to your Online Banking homepage; to add the widget, click the Add Content link in the right hand corner of your Online Banking homepage, then click the “+” and select Web BillPay.
Get started with Web BillPay:
- Once in Online Banking, click the Web BillPay tab. Then, read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- After accepting, you’ll be presented with a quick start screen suggesting bills to add to your Web BillPay account. After adding the bills you want, click Proceed to the Payment Center. Please note: you can add new bills at any time from the Payment Center.
With Web BillPay, you’ll also have access to:
Popmoney,** or “Pay Other People,” is a great way to send and receive money to or from virtually anyone using their name, email address, and mobile phone number or bank account number.
- Receive money for free; but, you will be charged a fee when you send money.
- Track transactions through your history.
- Personalize your gift payments with an e-greeting template (fees may apply).
- Set-up future-dated payments and recurring payments.
- Import contacts from popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!®, and Gmail®).
- Respond to all Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests, from a central dashboard, or "To Do List."
Sending a payment is simple:
- Login to Online Banking, select Web BillPay, and choose Popmoney.
- Send money by providing the email address, mobile phone number, or bank account information of the recipient. Choose the account you wish to send the money from, how much to send, and when to send it.
- If you’re sending money using an email address or mobile phone number, the recipient will be notified via email or text message (respectively) with instructions on how to deposit the payment. If sending the payment to a bank account, the money will be directly deposited into the account.
Initiate transfers from your GECU checking account(s) to your account(s) at other financial institutions.
You can make an unlimited amount of free transfers-in. However, there is a $2 fee for each transfer-out. Limits for the amount you can transfer are establish on an individual basis and will display after your first transfer; you can find this information in the Make a Transfer section.
Account Verification: Account verification is required to transfer money using this feature. You’ll receive two test deposits and a test withdrawal within the account you’d like to add. View the transactions within the account you’re adding to identify the amounts of the test transactions. Then, login to Web BillPay, click the Transfer Money tab, and enter the amounts of the test deposit to complete the account verification process.
To make a transfer:
- Login to Online Banking, select Web BillPay, and click the Transfer Money tab.
- Within the tab, select the account you wish to withdraw the money from, the account you want the money deposited into, and the amount you wish to transfer.
- Select One-Time Transfer or Repeating Transfer.
- For a One-Time Transfer, select the date you’d like to transfer and click Preview Transfer. After verifying the information is correct, click Make Transfer.
- For a Repeating Transfer, indicate the frequency as well as starting/ending dates. You’ll be asked to provide an email address if you’d like to receive notifications regarding your repeating transfer. Choose Preview Transfer, verify the information is correct, and click Make Transfer.
1Web BillPay: Our unlimited Web BillPay service must be used in conjunction with a GECU checking account. Web BillPay is free to those signed-up for free e-Statements; otherwise it is $4.95/month. If you have e-Statements when signing up for Web BillPay, but then decided to cancel e-Statements, during the month with which you cancel e-Statements you will begin being billed $4.95/month for our unlimited Web BillPay service.
2Popmoney: Transaction fees apply when transferring funds to another individual using the Popmoney service. Individual daily and monthly transfer limits will apply. When using Popmoney, click the "Review Fees" link to see a full list of fees and limits.