Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction
Have your paycheck, or a portion of your paycheck, deposited directly into your account on payday. There's no chance of your check being lost or stolen from your mailbox, you typically receive your funds faster, and you won't have to make an extra trip to the credit union.
- Payroll Deduction: If available from your employer, Payroll Deduction allows you to have part of your paycheck automatically deposited into any of your GECU accounts. You can divide your paycheck any way you like, including sending some to your: savings, checking, or money market account.
- Direct Deposit: If available from your employer, Direct Deposit allows you to automatically deposit your net pay check, or the balance of your check after any Payroll Deductions have been made, into any of your GECU accounts.
To get started... Ask your employer how to set-up Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit with your company. If they have their own form, you will simply need to provide them with General Electric Credit Union’s (GECU) routing number: 242076821 and your full account number.
If you need to provide a Payroll Deduction/Direct Deposit Form from GECU, click here for a form to print and fill-out. Once your form is completed, please return it to any credit union location. We will make arrangements with your employer to set-up your Payroll Deduction or Direct Deposit.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Available at our Reading Road and Mason office locations, safe deposit boxes are a great way to keep your important documents and valuables protected. We offer a variety of sizes at low costs.
- 3 x 5 Safe Deposit Box: $30.00 (plus tax) per year1
- 5 x 5 Safe Deposit Box: $40.00 (plus tax) per year1
- 3 x 10 Safe Deposit Box: $50.00 (plus tax) per year1
- 5 x 10 Safe Deposit Box: $60.00 (plus tax) per year1
- 10 x 10 Safe Deposit Box: $90.00 (plus tax) per year1
1Safe Deposit Boxes only available at our Reading Road and Mason offices. The price listed does not include taxes.
Coin Counting Machines
Available at our Reading Road, Loveland, Mason, Fairfield, Eastgate, and Highland Heights offices, our Coin Counting Machines are free for our members to use up to $150 in coins counted per day. Amounts over $150 will have a 5% service fee deducted.
The services of a Notary Public are free of charge at GECU. Please click here to see which office locations offer this service.
When you want to wire transfer money to a GECU account:
For Domestic Wires Only:
General Electric Credit Union 10485 Reading Road Cincinnati, OH 45241 Routing/ABA #: 242076821
Member (your) name, member (your) full account number
For International Wires:
Beneficiary Financial Institution: Bank of America - SWIFT Code/BIC: BOFAUS3N
Beneficiary Bank Address:
100 West 33rd Street
New York, NY 10001
United States of America
Beneficiary: Cambridge Mercantile Corp - Account: 4427586831
212 King Street West
Originator to Beneficiary Information: "General Electric Credit Union. Routing Number: 242076821.
Member Name and Account Number."
Outgoing Wire Transfers
For a small fee, you can wire money from a GECU account to another financial institution. If you are within the Greater Cincinnati area or in close proximity of our Madisonville, KY office, we require you to stop by any office location to complete a form; please bring your driver's license.
Please note: You will be required to provide additional information to help protect you from identity theft and fraud.
If you don’t have a checking account, Money Orders are a convenient way to transact business when cash is inappropriate. They are available at any office location for a small fee. And, members of our Silver Dollar Club receive free Money Orders.
This free service guarantees the legitimacy of a signature to prevent fraud and identity theft. Please click here to see which office locations offer this service.
Find the Nearest Office LocationFind Us
Back to Top