Enhance your everyday with a GECU checking account.
You use your checking account every day. It’s your filling up the tank account, your picking up the milk account, it’s your everyday account —and we’ve got solutions to help you easily manage your day-to-day finances.
Simply Free Checking is the perfect everyday checking account, ideal for those who are looking for a simple account packed with great features.
Choice Checking is a competitive, dividend-earning checking account with two tiers for attainable earning opportunities.
Our Amplified High-Yield Checking account offers significant earning potential, with five tiers - as your balance increases, so does your return.
Managing your finances is easy when you've got the right tools.
- Free debit card with cash-back Purchase Rewards
- Free access to 57,500+ ATMs nationwide as our GECU in-network ATMs include all: GECU, Fifth Third, and Allpoint Network ATMs1
- Free, top-rated Online Banking and mobile app services:2
- Add your GECU debit card to your favorite mobile or online digital wallet: Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™, Google Pay™, Visa Checkout®, or MasterPass
- View your FICO® Score for free within Online Banking and mobile app
Optional FREE Benefits
- Our Round-Up program is an easy way to build your savings as you use your debit card every day! Each purchase you make gets rounded up to the nearest dollar, then the extra change gets transferred from your checking account to your GECU savings account automatically. Plus, we’ll match 5% of your rounded-up funds, up to $350 a year!3
- Set up Overdraft Protection Transfers, to cover overdrafts in your checking account. Funds will automatically transfer from a linked account to cover overdrafts and bring your balance up to zero. You're protected, for free!4
Ready to switch? ClickSWITCH makes it easy!
We understand that switching your checking account may sound like an overwhelming task, but it doesn’t have to be. Clickswitch helps move your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new GECU checking account in 10 minutes or less.
To open your account and get started with ClickSWITCH:
1Our ATM network is fee free for withdrawals for GECU debit cardholders. In-network ATMs include: GECU, Allpoint, and Fifth Third ATM networks. For more details visit our Debit Card Access page. Foreign transaction fees apply to out-of-network ATMs, please review our Fee Schedule for those details.
2We provide Online Banking, our mobile app, and text alerts to you for free; however, mobile/internet data and text message charges from your service provider may apply.
3Round-Up is only available for Simply Free, Choice, and Amplified High-Yield Checking accounts. Funds will be added to member’s chosen GECU savings or money market account; excluding Certificates, IRAs, or IRA Money Market accounts. Match will be paid on eligible funds at the end of the month with an annual match limit up to $350; reportable on IRS Form 1099.
4Overdraft Protection Transfer is only available to: Simply Free, Choice, and Amplified High-Yield Checking accountholders. Please refer to Truth in Savings for Regulation D limitations. Should you reach your maximum transactions with your primary overdraft savings account, the switch to your secondary overdraft account will occur next business day.
5No purchase necessary to enter or win. Limit one entry per person. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, business partners, vendors, board members, and temporary employees of GECU and their immediate family members living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes ends on 6.14.20. Any entry not containing the entrant’s name and phone number is not eligible. One winner will be chosen per branch on or about 6.22.20. All winners will be notified by phone. Click to view the Official Rules.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Back to Top