Everyday banking, simplified.
Simply Free Checking1 is ideal if you're looking for a low maintenance account with convenient features to help you manage your day-to-day finances.
- $25 minimum to open
- $0 monthly maintenance fee
- Free access to nearly 100,000 ATMs nationwide! Our in-network ATMs include all: GECU, Allpoint, MoneyPass, CULIANCE, and Fifth Third ATMs2
- View your FICO® Score for free within Online Banking and mobile app
Managing your finances is easy when you've got the right tools.
- Free, top-rated Online Banking and mobile app services:3
- Add your GECU debit card to your favorite mobile or online digital wallet: Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™, Google Pay™, Visa Checkout®, or MasterPass
- Round-Up is an easy way to build your savings as you use your debit card every day! Each purchase you make gets rounded up to the nearest dollar, then the extra change gets transferred from your checking account to your GECU savings account automatically. Plus, we’ll match 5% of your rounded-up funds, up to $350 a year!4
- Overdraft solutions including: Overdraft Protection Transfers,5 Overdraft Line of Credit, and Courtesy Overdraft
Ready to switch? ClickSWITCH makes it easy!
We understand that switching your checking account may sound like an overwhelming task, but it doesn’t have to be. ClickSWITCH helps move your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new GECU checking account in 10 minutes or less.
To open your account and get started with ClickSWITCH:
Membership eligibility required. Visit our Membership & Eligibility page for details.
1Simply Free: You must deposit $25 to open a GECU checking account. The account must be funded within 30 calendar days. For dividend-earning accounts, rates are based on the account balance and account tier. Simply Free Checking is a non-dividend bearing account. There is no minimum balance required to maintain this account.
2Our ATM network is fee free for withdrawals for GECU debit cardholders. In-network ATMs include: GECU, Allpoint, MoneyPass, CULIANCE, and Fifth Third ATMs. For more details visit our Debit Card Access page. Foreign transaction fees apply to out-of-network ATMs, please review our Fee Schedule for those details.
3We provide Online Banking, our mobile app, and text alerts to you for free; however, mobile/internet data and text message charges from your service provider may apply.
4Round-Up is only available for Simply Free, Choice, and Amplified High-Yield Checking accounts. Funds will be added to member’s chosen GECU savings or money market account; excluding Certificates, IRAs, or IRA Money Market accounts. Match will be paid on eligible funds at the end of the month with an annual match limit up to $350; reportable on IRS Form 1099.
5Overdraft Protection Transfer is only available to: Simply Free, Choice, and Amplified High-Yield Checking accountholders. Should you not have enough funds in your primary overdraft savings account, the switch to your secondary overdraft account will occur next business day.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Open An AccountGet Started
Back to Top