Turn your savings in to earnings.
An IRA (Individual Retirement Account) Money Market account is a high-interest, tax-advantaged account designed to help grow your retirement savings. The IRA Money Market is a competitive retirement savings option to make your retirement savings go farther. This account offers secure, guaranteed returns – no need to worry about what's happening with the market.
IRA Money Market accounts are available for both Traditional and Roth IRA plans.
- Anyone under 70½ with eligible compensation
- You can establish a Traditional IRA even if you're covered by another retirement plan
- Contributions are not allowed after age 72, unless you have earned income
- Money grows tax-deferred until withdrawal
- Withdrawals required to begin at age 72
- Save money on a tax-free basis
- Contributions are not deductible
- Contributions allowed after age 72, provided you have earned income
- Earnings grow tax-free and withdrawal of earnings are tax-free
- Tax-free withdrawals can be made after having the account for 5 years; there may be IRS penalties if withdrawing before age 59½
Learn more about Traditional IRAs in our IRA Service Center.
An IRA Money Market account is designed for those who want to maximize the return on their retirement savings. With no minimum balance to open and no monthly maintenance fee, begin earning with $100 and continue to grow your savings. As your balance increases, so will your return.
Your GECU IRA funds are federally insured separately from other GECU savings accounts by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) for up to $250,000.
IRA Money Market Account Features:
- No minimum balance requirements. Open your account and start earning dividends with as little as $100.
- No monthly maintenance fees. Receive a competitive, industry-leading rate with no monthly fees.
- Tiered dividends. With three rate tiers, the greater your balance, the better your return.
- Monitor account activity 24/7. View your account in Online Banking or our mobile app.
- Tax savings. Get the tax advantages of a Traditional or Roth IRA.1
|$100 - $4,999.99||.14%||.15%|
|$5,000 - $24,999.99||.19%||.20%|
1General Electric Credit Union does not provide tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor for actual advantages and any potential tax implications before establishing or making contributions to an IRA.
2IRA Money Market Account: There is no minimum balance requirement to open this account. To earn dividends, you must maintain a minimum balance of $100. Dividend rates are based on the account balance and account tier. The tiers are as follows: Tier 1 daily balance up to $99.99, Tier 2: $100.00 - $4,999.99; Tier 3: $5,000 to $24,999.99; Tier 4: $25,000 or more. Rates earned are based on balances, calculated daily, and compounded to the account quarterly. Full details can be found in the Account Disclosure.
Back to Top