We encourage your interaction on our General Electric Credit Union (GECU) social media sites; however, please remember we moderate all our social media channels.
Social Media Guidelines
- Be respectful. We welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and feedback; however, we ask that participants treat each other, as well as GECU employees, with respect. Additionally, please refrain from using obscenities, profanity, or making comments that are illegal, abusive, defamatory, or harmful.
- Protect your identity. To protect the security of your personal and financial information, do not include this information when posting to our public social media sites. Personal/financial information includes: your Social Security number, member number, account number, Online Banking credentials, or your debit/credit card numbers. GECU will never ask for your personal information on our social media sites, with the exception of your phone number sent via private message, should we need to reach you to discuss a comment or question further.
- In return, we ask you to protect the identity of GECU employees and provide GECU employee names via private message only.
- Don’t spam. Content posted to a GECU social media site for the purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal or monetary gain is not appropriate and will be deleted. Additionally, users who are posting spam messages may be blocked.
- Our social media sites are monitored during the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm EST Monday – Friday, with the exclusion of federal holidays. While we sometimes might respond after normal business hours, we cannot guarantee we will be able to address or resolve any issues or questions until the next business day.
- For issues concerning your personal accounts, you must contact our Member Response Center. Our Member Response team is ready to help with any account questions or issues you may have via phone at: 513.243.4328 or 800.543.7093 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a specific social media issue, please email our Marketing Department directly at: email@example.com with a description of the issue and your contact information. This email box is monitored during the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm EST Monday – Friday, with the exclusion of federal holidays. A full listing of contact information can be found at: gecreditunion.org/contact.
The official voice of GECU is the social media page owner, posting on behalf of GECU. If you feel someone is posting falsely as GECU – please contact us immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you use, view, comment, post, access, or otherwise participate in any GECU social media site (“Site(s)”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Our Terms are subject to change and any changes will be incorporated into these Terms and posted to our sites from time to time. If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use or access our Sites.
General Site Use
Our Sites are public and anything you post can be viewed by others. You should never post, nor will we ever ask for, personal or confidential information on our Sites. For example, never disclose your Social Security number, member number, account number, Online Banking credentials, PINs, debit/credit card number, or any other personal information.
The information on our Sites is for informational purposes only. Any conversations between us on our Sites do not change or alter any agreements that we have with you as a member.
User Generated Content Licenses
By posting content to our Sites, including, but not limited to: posts, messages, comments, tagged photos, questions, videos, your and/or other persons’ name, (“User Generated Content,” “UGC,” or “Content”) you agree that: (a) your comments, feedback, or ideas automatically become the property of GECU, without compensation to you, (b) GECU can use your comments, feedback or ideas for any purpose and in any way, including in marketing and advertising materials, and (c) any information you provide will be considered non-confidential.
GECU reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to determine what Content is prohibited (“Prohibited Content”), Prohibited Content generally includes:
- Content which encourages or promotes gambling, the use of illegal drugs, pornography, prostitution, weapons, profanity, violence, or the use of tobacco or alcohol;
- Content that infringes upon the rights of any third party (trademark, copyright, publicity or other rights);
- Indecent, defamatory, obscene, slanderous, unlawful, deceptive, or fraudulent Content;
- Discriminatory, hateful, or disparaging content based upon gender, age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, religion, political orientation, national origin, or similar;
- Spam which includes repeated Content or other off-topic comments including advertisements or reference to non-GECU products, services, websites, etc.;
- Personal or confidential information;
- Content that contains malware, virus, or other malicious components; or
- Content that conflicts with or is prohibited by these Terms.
GECU reserves the right, but is not obligated, to monitor and/or remove any Content at any time as it deems appropriate in its sole and absolute discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
GECU content provided on our Sites is owned by GECU unless otherwise indicated. Unless otherwise stated within these Terms, no license is granted to any of the content on our Sites and you may not copy, modify, license to a third party, distribute, alter, or otherwise use such content without GECU’s prior written consent, expect as otherwise permitted by law.
Links to Third-Party Sites
GECU may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you may find the information helpful; however, GECU has no control over the content on these sites and does not necessarily endorse the site or content it contains. If you choose to visit a site not controlled by GECU, we make no warranties related to the content including its accuracy.
Termination, Changes, & Disclaimers of Warranties
We may terminate our Sites or change them at any time without prior notice or liability to you. Modification or termination of these terms will not affect, or result in the termination or modification, of any other existing agreements you may have with GECU.
Disclaimer of Liability and Indemnity
GECU will not be responsible or liable for any losses or damages of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your use of our Sites, your UGC, or your failure to otherwise comply with these Terms. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GECU, its officers and employees, from any and all losses, injuries, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) from any claims arising out of your acts or omissions, including claims of any breach of these Terms or your UGC (including intellectual property infringement claims that result from your UGC).
Except where prohibited, you agree that any disputes or claims arising in connection with our Sites or these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio.
Back to Top