General Electric Credit Union always prioritizes the health and well-being of our members, team members, and communities. As the conditions continue to change, our awareness and attention are heightened. Like many, we are monitoring the situation, along with recommendations from the CDC and federal, state, and local governments.
- Restricted access in branches and scheduling appointments
- Remote access options
- Financial assistance programs and relief
- IRA/HSA Contribution Extensions
- Tools and resources
As an essential business; we are open with restricted access. For social distancing purposes, we have limited the amount of walk-in traffic to our lobbies in line with Ohio and Kentucky mandates, as well as CDC guidelines.
Appointments Only for Elderly and At-Risk Members and Critical Needs
We will take appointments in our lobbies under limited circumstances, including:
- Vulnerable members: The first hour of every day is reserved for our vulnerable members (elderly and at-risk) as defined by the CDC.
- Critical needs: After the first hour, we will take appointments only for critical needs.
- Large cash need: Cash withdrawals of $10,000 or more will require an appointment.
If you determine you have a critical need, please contact your local branch directly to schedule an appointment.
- Reading Road: 513.588.1582
- Mason: 513.588.1585
- Loveland: 513.588.1583
- Fairfield: 513.588.1584
- Eastgate: 513.588.1586
- Highland Heights, KY: 513.577.8942
- Florence, KY: 859.384.5400
Note: To assist in reducing non-essential foot traffic to local hospitals, and for the health and safety of team members and our members, the following locations are temporarily closed: Bethesda North, Good Sam, Mercy West, and Mercy Anderson.
You can expect delays at our drive-thru's, ITMs, and when calling our call center. For this reason, and to maintain social distancing, we encourage you to utilize remote access options whenever possible.
- Connect to your accounts 24/7 with Online Banking or our mobile app
- Use our network of 57,500+ free ATMs to withdrawal cash with your GECU debit card
- Reorder your checks online at: OrderMyChecks.com
- Open accounts or apply for loans online or within Online Banking or our mobile app
- Visit a branch location with drive-thru access (Loveland, Fairfield, or Florence, KY)
- Visit an ITM to speak with a Personal Teller via two-way video (during business hours) or use as an ATM:
- Florence, KY: ITMs available inside and in the drive-thru lanes
- Reading Road: Located in both vestibules (main entrance vestibule and secondary (ATM) entrance)
- Mason: Located in the vestibule
- Highland Heights: Located in the vestibule and in the drive-thru lane closest to the building
- Eastgate: Located within Jungle Jim’s main entrance, outside our location
- GE Plant: Outside of our office in building 700 (restricted access)
If you’ve been impacted by COVID-19 and need our support, we have dedicated programs to assist you, such as our HELP (Hardship Emergency Loan Program), Skip-A-Pay, and other services.
HELP Loan Program*
Our HELP loan can provide you with funds quickly during this difficult time.
- Up to $5,000
- 36-month term, with a deferred payment for up to six (6) months
- No application or processing fees
- No prepayment penalty
Note: After clicking the Apply Online button below, choose “Assistance due to COVID-19” under “Select the Purpose of Your Loan.” You may also call our Phone Loan Center at: 513.243.4328/800.542.7093 option 2.
Consumer Loan Skip-A-Pay
Skip up to three consumer loan payments to ease your budget during this time. Note: At this time, we’re waiving the $40 processing fee.
- You may choose to skip up to three consumer loan payments. Please submit your request and indicate the months you want to skip in the "Month to Skip" field. We’ll contact you within 72 business hours.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact us at: 513.243.4328/800.542.7093.
- For assistance with mortgage payments, please contact our Mortgage Department at: 513.243.4328/800.542.7093 ext. 929.
- For additional payment assistance, we're here to help, contact us today and we'll connect you with a team member who can assist you.
- Credit card limit increases may be available upon request.
- We're deferring all credit card payment requirements for April and May with no late fees or delinquency reporting (even if past due). Interest will continue to accrue during this time. You may also continue to make payments as usual.
- We're temporarily suspending new foreclosures and automobile repossessions. If you are experiencing challenges, we urge you to contact us so we can help.
- We're suspending the $2 fee when transferring funds from an Overdraft Line of Credit to another GECU account.
- We're suspending all foreign ATM fees.
- We've increased ATM/ITM withdrawal and mobile check deposit limits.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Senate passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which extends the tax filing deadline until July 15, 2020. Part of this extension also changes the contribution dates for Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
July 15, 2020 is the new cut-off date for 2019 IRA and HSA contributions. Remember, from January to July, identify which tax year you want your contribution to be put toward.
- View FAQs for answers to the most commonly asked questions.
- Take a look at this flowchart for alternative ways to perform your transaction(s).
- Watch our Mobile Deposit video to learn how to deposit checks with your mobile phone.
- Review loan payment options.
- Find a list of our locations and contact information.
*Hardship Emergency Loan Program (HELP): 6.25% APR available for up to 36 months up to $5,000.00 with first payment due up to 6 months from date of funding. A sample repayment schedule is: 36 monthly payments of $185.29 for $5,000.00 borrowed. Available to members as of March 17, 2020.
Back to Top