Pay in store, in app, and on the web with Samsung Pay™
With Samsung Pay, carry all of your GECU debit and credit cards on your Samsung devices and smartwatches. It's a simple and fast way to make payments, and it works at almost any retailer where you can swipe or tap a card!
- Activate Samsung Pay: Find the Samsung Pay app on your phone, or download it from Google Play. Sign in to your Samsung account.
- Set up authentication: Scan your fingerprint or iris, and enter a PIN, to authenticate future purchases.
- Add your GECU cards: Take a picture of the front and back of your card(s), enter the security code on the back, and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Use Samsung Pay: Once you've added your GECU card(s), you are now ready to start using Samsung Pay.
- In store: To use at checkout, open the Samsung Pay app on your device, authorize the purchase (with your fingerprint, iris, or PIN), and hover your device over the card reader where you'd usually swipe your card - it's that simple!
- In app: Instead of entering you credit card information, just select Samsung Pay at checkout, and scan your fingerprint, iris, or enter PIN.
- Online: Make online purchases across your devices from a single Samsung Pay account, authenticated at checkout by your fingerprint, iris, or your PIN.
Note: After your card is added, it will be verified by GECU and Visa or Mastercard. This verification could take 5 to 10 minutes; during this time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
Samsung Pay Security
To protect your information, Samsung Pay uses tokenization to process your payments. Instead of transmitting your physical card number, each card is assigned a unique sequence of numbers called a “token;” the token is encrypted so your personal account information is never shared with merchants. Additionally, your device is secured with your fingerprint and a PIN code; this is required to make a purchase.
- If your GECU card is lost or stolen, contact GECU Member Services immediately; a representative can cancel your card, order a new one, and deactivate your credit or debit card in Samsung Pay to ensure there is no unauthorized use of your card.
- If your Samsung device is lost or stolen, you may contact GECU Member Services or Samsung Support at: 855.648.2862 to deactivate your GECU card in the device. You should also contact your mobile service provider. In addition, Samsung provides a Find My Mobile to locating your device and remotely disable the cards you've added in Samsung Pay. Please refer to the Samsung website for more information about the Find My Mobile feature.
Additionally, be sure to keep your device updated to the latest operating system. System updates typically include security enhancements to protect your device from vulnerabilities. Devices not updated or phones that are "jailbroken" are at risk as they're less protected from malicious software.
©2017 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, Samsung Pay, Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Knox and Galaxy S (and other device names) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Use only in accordance with law. Other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners. Screen images are simulated; actual appearance may vary. Contact your bank or financial institution to verify that it is a Samsung Pay participant. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices.
Need More Help? Samsung Pay SupportContact Support
Back to Top