Tax Documents and Statements
Depending on your relationship and the accounts you have with GECU, you will receive year-end statements by mail or through Online Banking and our mobile app.
- If you have a deposit account or mortgage loan with us and you are an Online Banking user, you can log-in to Online Banking and click on the eStatements tab to locate your year-end statement.
- If you have a deposit account or a mortgage loan with us and do not use Online Banking, your paper statement(s) would have been mailed the first week of January.
Below is a list of the 2020 tax documents you may receive based on the accounts you hold with us.
- 1098: Mortgage Interest Statement (used for mortgage loan interest) - Mailed by January 31, 2021, however if your interest amount is less than $600 you may not receive a statement
- 1099-INT: Interest income (used for deposit accounts, bond records, and escrow accounts) - Mailed by January 31, 2021, however if your interest amount is less than $10 you may not receive a statement
- 1099-R: Distributions from pensions, annuities, retirement, or profit-sharing plans, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), insurance contracts, etc. - Mailed by January 31, 2021
- 1099-SA: Distributions from a Health Savings Account (HSA) - Mailed by January 31, 2021
- 1099-Q: Payments from qualified education program - under Section 529 and 530 (used for Coverdell Education IRA distributions and Fair Market Balance) - Mailed by January 31, 2021
- 5498: IRA contribution information - Mailed May 31, 2021
- 5498-ESA: HSA contribution information - Mailed May 31, 2021
- 5498-SA: HSA contribution information - Mailed May 31, 2021
If you are expecting a tax documents or statements from GECU and do not receive it, please contact us.
Back to Top