Pay people with Popmoney.
Don't worry about writing a check or carrying cash to pay someone. You can send money directly from your Online Banking account or through our mobile app to practically anyone. Unlike other money-transfer services, Popmoney has the added ease and security of being inside your password-protected online account. Fees may apply.
Here's how it works:
- You can import your contacts or enter the recipient’s information (name, email address, and/or cellphone number) and the dollar amount you want to send.
- An email or text message is sent automatically to the recipient notifying them of the funds.
- The recipient logs in to their Popmoney account (through their financial institution or they can set up a Popmoney account for free) to receive the money.
In Online Banking:
- Log in to your GECU Online Banking.
- Hover over the Move Money tab.
- Click Pay Other People (Popmoney).
On our mobile app:
- Open the GECU mobile app.
- Tap More. (Android users, first tap the menu icon).
- Tap Popmoney.
- Click Enroll Now.
That's it! The money is deposited directly into the account of the recipient. If you want to send money to the same person again, you simply select their name, enter the amount, and click send.
It's quick, secure, and easy to use.
Additional features of Popmoney:
- Track transactions through your recent activity.
- Personalize your payments with messages.
- Request money from a person or group.
- Import contacts from your phone contact list or popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!®, and Gmail®).
A federal regulation limits the number of transfers that may be made from a savings or money market account. Please see our Truth In Savings for details. A supported mobile device is needed to use our mobile app. Standard message and data rates may apply.
Back to Top