Connect Your Accounts to Quicken or QuickBooks
If you’re a Quicken or QuickBooks user, we provide two methods for using these programs to manage your GECU account information.
What are Quicken and QuickBooks?
- Quicken is a financial management tool that allows users to create budgets, set plans to reduce debt, and manage their investments, similar to our Money Management service.
- QuickBooks is a financial management and accounting service designed primarily for small and medium-sized businesses, though it can be used to manage personal accounts, too.
- No manual data entry – You can download (Web Connect) or sync (Direct Connect) your account details for use in Quicken or QuickBooks.
- Automatically reconcile data – Complete transaction and balance information makes account reconciliation easy.
- No duplicate transactions – A special transaction matching algorithm prevents duplicate transactions.
Important Note: We do not support the use of Quicken and QuickBooks. We provide Web Connect and Direct Connect services allowing access to your GECU accounts along with basic troubleshooting, but it’s up to you, the user, to set up and manage your Quicken and QuickBooks accounts.
Web Connect offers the ability to manually download files from Online Banking and import account balances and transactions into Quicken or QuickBooks.
- In Online Banking, select an account on the My Accounts screen.
- From the Account History page, adjust the date range and/or filter transactions if desired.
- Select Export, choose the desired file format, then Export again.
- Visit your Quicken or QuickBooks software to initiate account set up or import your account data.
Direct Connect offers the ability to automatically sync GECU account transactions and balances with Quicken or QuickBooks. It creates a two-way communication between Online Banking and Quicken or QuickBooks.
Additional features only for Quicken Direct Connect users is the ability to perform transfers between GECU accounts and pay bills from the Quicken software; the bill pay feature within Quicken is separate from GECU’s Web BillPay service.
- Within Online Banking, select Connectivity for Quicken and QuickBooks from the Additional Services tab.
- Enter a unique Direct Connect password; this password, along with your Online Banking Username, will be used in Quicken or QuickBooks to directly connect to GECU’s Online Banking.
- This is a one-time set up process. If for some reason you need to have your password reset, you will need to initiate this from within Quicken or QuickBooks.
- Select Submit. At this point, you’ll visit your Quicken or QuickBooks software to complete the account set up or sync your account data.
Support for Quicken and QuickBooks
Quicken and QuickBooks offer full support via phone, as well as resources and troubleshooting tips on their website.
- Call: 650.250.1900
- Visit the Quicken Help Center
- Call: 877.797.5809
- Visit: QuickBooks Support
Back to Top