MEMBERSHIP & ELIGIBILITY
GECU was founded in 1954, for the employees of General Electric Aircraft Engines. After expanding to a larger office in Evendale (on Reading Road) in the 1980’s, we opened our field of membership to Select Employer Groups (SEGs). Since then, we’ve continued to expand our membership and have grown to be the largest credit union and fourth largest financial institution in Greater Cincinnati.
With one in three U.S. adults belonging to a credit union,* it’s time you join the movement. If you qualify for membership based on the details below, you can benefit from the many ways we can be your financial partner. Start today!
- Those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the following Ohio counties: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren
- Those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the following Kentucky counties: Boone, Campbell, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton
- Those who live and work in the following Indiana counties: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, and Union
- Immediate family members of current members, including: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent/grandchild, step parents/children/siblings, and adoptive relationships
- Anyone living and sharing household expenses with a current member
- Employees and pensioners of General Electric Company Aircraft Engine Division
- Employees and pensioners of General Electric Company in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Those who live or work in Sharonville, Ohio
- Parishioners of All Saints Church, Assumption Catholic Parish, Crestview Presbyterian Church, Forest Chapel United Methodist Church, Glen Este Church of Christ, North Cincinnati Community Church, Sharonville United Methodist Church, St. Michael’s Church, or True Holiness Covenant of the Peace Woodlawn Assembly
- Kings Local Schools, Loveland City Schools, and Mason City Schools employees, students, and their family members
- Employees of TriHealth, including Bethesda North, Bethesda Oak, Good Samaritan, and Group Health in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Employees of Mercy Health in the Greater Cincinnati area
- Employees of more than 335 Cincinnati companies/organizations (our Select Employer Groups)
Contact us today to see if your company is one of our Select Employer Groups.
What's next? Once you've established that you are eligible for membership, take a few moments to complete the Membership Application. Then, you can either drop-off or mail-in your completed application, along with copies of driver's licenses for anyone who will be listed on the account, and your initial $5 deposit. With this deposit, you establish membership and become a member-owner of the credit union. If you need assistance, or have questions regarding eligibility, please contact us.
Once you become a member, you’re eligible for all we have to offer. And, once a member – always a member – as long as you keep your $5 share!
Let us help your employees secure a better financial future – with no cost or time commitment from you!
We make it easy to offer the benefit of GECU membership! We customize and tailor our efforts to meet each company's unique needs. Employers today want to offer their employees great benefits, however, with the slow economy and rising health care costs, it’s often difficult to offer the best. Credit union membership gives your employees a trusted place to secure their financial futures. Studies have shown that more financially-secure employees are happier and more productive ones. The more we can help with finance and lending needs, the less stress they face personally and professionally.
We can partner with you to be an added benefit and can come onsite to: open new accounts, answer financial questions, deliver financial presentations about current industry topics, and so much more! If you’re interested in becoming a Select Employer Group, please contact Caitlin Bamforth at: (513) 243-4328/(800) 542-7093 ext. 457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Schenk, Mike. "Credit Unions & Banks: Fallacies, Facts and Recent Trend Year-End 2013." PowerPoint presentation. National Credit Union Administration.