MEMBERSHIP & ELIGIBILITY
We can't wait to meet you.
No matter where you are in life, you have financial goals and we provide you with the tools and resources to achieve them.
What makes us different?
At General Electric Credit Union (GECU), you’re in control. For starters, we’re not a bank. We offer similar products and services, but we’re not-for-profit and organized for the sole purpose of providing members with better financial solutions. We spend less time focusing on profits and more time on how we can Improve the Quality of Financial Lives. Instead of a paid board of shareholders, our volunteer board of directors is comprised of real people making decisions with our members’ best interests in mind.
We don’t want to just be a place where you bank, we want to be your financial partner. Our members have turned to us for industry-leading interest rates and competitive returns on deposits. While we may not have a branch at every corner, our partnership of ATMs and our technologically-advanced Online Banking and mobile app means you can access all your accounts whenever, wherever.
When you become a member of GECU, not only are you joining the Best Credit Union in Cincinnati,* you’re on the road to a brighter tomorrow. You’re so much more than just a bank account; you’re a valued member, and we can’t wait to meet you.
Who can join?
Anyone interested in earning more on their money and setting themselves up for financial success can join. If you live or work in the Greater Cincinnati area, you’re eligible! If that doesn’t apply to you, there are a variety of other ways you may be eligible to join GECU (see below).
After establishing eligibility, all you need to do is open and maintain a GECU savings account with a balance of $5… that’s it! Once you become a member, you are a member for life, no matter where you live or work, and have access to all we have to offer.
There are a variety of ways you're eligible to join GECU and take advantage of our benefits:
- If you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the following counties in Ohio: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren.
- If you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the following counties in Kentucky: Boone, Campbell, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton.
- If you live or work in one of the following counties in Indiana: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, and Union.
- If you're an immediate family members of a current member, including: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent/grandchild, step parents/children/siblings, and adoptive relationships.
- If you live and share household expenses with a current member.
- If you are an employee or pensioner of General Electric Company Aircraft Engine Division or General Electric Company in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- If you’re employed by TriHealth, including Bethesda North, Bethesda Oak, Good Samaritan, and Group Health in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- If you’re employed by Mercy Health in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- If you are a parishioner of All Saints Church, Assumption Catholic Parish, Crestview Presbyterian Church, Forest Chapel United Methodist Church, Glen Este Church of Christ, North Cincinnati Community Church, Sharonville United Methodist Church, St. Michael’s Church, or True Holiness Covenant of the Peace Woodlawn Assembly.
- If you are an employee, student, or family to a student at Kings Local Schools, Loveland City Schools, or Mason City Schools.
- If you’re employed by of one of our 335+ Cincinnati companies/organizations (our Select Employer Groups).
- Visit your local branch or
- Complete a Membership & Account application and mail it in with your deposit and copy of your driver's license.
*CityBeat Magazine "Best Of" Edition. March 29, 2017.