Reach your savings goal with a Share Certificate.
Do you have funds you won't need in the near future? Set them aside to grow with a high-return certificate.
Whether you’re setting aside money for a specific event or looking to increase your overall savings, a GECU Share Certificate can help you earn more on your own money.
Low minimums, guaranteed returns.
A GECU certificate offers area-leading rates helping you build an optimal savings plan. With a variety of terms available, you can begin earning with as low as $500.
Certificates give you a fixed-rate return making them a safe, risk-free option to help achieve your savings goals.
A Share Certificate includes:
- Area-leading certificate rates
- Opening minimum as low as $500
- Term options from 182 days to 5 years
- Renewal opportunity at certificate maturity with prevailing rate
- Your accounts are federally insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). For more details about how your GECU accounts are protected, please click here for an informative brochure. Calculate your accurate share insurance by using the NCUA e-calculator.
See how our rates compare.
Current Share Certificate Rates
|182 - Day||$500||.85%||.85%|
|1 - Year||$500||1.19%||1.20%|
|18 - Month||$500||1.39%||1.40%|
|2 - Year||$500||1.49%||1.50%|
|30 - Month||$500||1.59%||1.60%|
|5 - Year||$500||2.47%||2.50%|
|1 - Year Jumbo||$100,000||1.54%||1.55%|
Maximize your savings with certificate laddering.
When you open a certificate, your money is earning at a higher rate for a set amount of time. If you’re concerned about the interest rate increasing during this time, certificate laddering helps address these concerns as well as gives you rotating access to funds.
Certificate laddering gives you a higher return while giving you periodic access to your funds. If you don’t need the money at maturity, you can reinvest it into a longer-term certificate.
How Certificate Laddering Works
- Begin by investing equal amounts into a 1-, 2-, and 3- year certificate.
- When the 1-year certificate matures, reinvest that money into a 3-year certificate. Your original 3-year certificate has 2 years left until maturity and your 2-year certificate only has one year left.
- When your 2-year certificate matures, reinvest it for another 3-year certificate.
- At the end of the three years, you’ll have three, 3-year certificates on a ladder that mature each year giving you rotating access to funds and the ability to earn higher rates of interest since funds are in a longer-termed certificate.
Open a Share Certificate today!
- Call 513.243.4328 or 800.542.7093
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 6 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm
- In person at a branch
Start saving for your retirement today. Take advantage of a guaranteed interest rate and the tax advantages of a traditional or ROTH IRA.
Save for medical expenses with tax advantages. No minimum balance to open or maintain. Unspent balances remain in the account and earn higher interest.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Fees may reduce earnings. Substantial penalties for early withdrawal on all certificates. Refer to the Account Disclosure for account information.