- February 16, 2022
- Posted by General Electric Credit Union
- 3 read
30 Ways You Can Be Kind During Random Acts of Kindness Week
Random Acts of Kindness Week (RAK Week) was founded by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation – who started Random Acts of Kindness Day in 1995; this later became a week-long celebration in 2018. RAK Week, celebrated this year from February 13 - 19, is the perfect opportunity to try new ways of being kind as we all work to create a kinder world. There is no limit to the amount of goodness we can put into the world! At GECU, we use this week every year to intentionally spread kindness and do our part to make kindness the norm.
The heart behind RAK Week reiterates the very reason GECU Cares exists, as we aim to inspire a passion for giving back and encourage kindness in the communities we serve. RAK Week is being celebrated in 2022 with Kindness Walls at all GECU locations; we are encouraging our members and team members to complete a random act of kindness and add words of kindness or encouragement to the Kindness Walls. Please stop by a GECU location near you to see and add to our Kindness Walls! (Hours & Locations)
In the spirit of this special week, please see this list of 30 Random Acts of Kindness ideas:
- Purchase someone’s morning coffee at your favorite coffee shop.
- Hold the door for someone with a smile!
- Help someone in a store parking lot load groceries into their car and return the cart for them.
- Donate items to a community food bank or pet food to a local animal shelter.
- Pop in to volunteer at a local non-profit or charity you are passionate about.
- Pay for someone in the line behind you at a drive thru.
- Leave an extra tip for your server.
- Send handwritten notes to friends and family.
- Send an e-Card to a patient at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
- Purchase items off the Amazon Wishlist for a local organization in need.
- Donate new or gently used coats to a local homeless shelter.
- Leave money at the vending machine for a stranger.
- Pick up litter at your local park.
- Let someone go in front of you in line.
- Give a stranger a compliment.
- Make dinner for a family in need.
- Do a favor for someone without asking for anything in return.
- Bring in donuts for your co-workers.
- Hold the elevator for someone.
- Offer to run an errand for an overwhelmed friend.
- Let someone else take the prime parking spot.
- Buy a gift card to a local hot spot and hand them out as you leave.
- Write a great online review for a local business you love.
- Give blood.
- Donate gently used clothes to a charitable thrift shop.
- Give blankets, sheets, and towels to a local animal shelter.
- Donate your unused frequent flyer miles to a charity partner of your airline.
- Bring in your favorite treat and leave it in the break room.
- Give a friend a book you think they would like.
- Make someone laugh.
We encourage you to get inspired and spread kindness…take a look at this video from the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation! Challenge those around you to join in–whether at your workplace, school, church, neighborhood, or your own home! During RAK Week, we would also like to hear your heartwarming stories. So, share your Kindness Story with us by clicking here! Tell us how you demonstrated kindness during RAK Week 2022!
#GECUCares #RAKWeek2022 #MakeKindnessTheNorm