The many, many reasons for membership.
At General Electric Credit Union (GECU), being a member means more than just better banking. It means being part of a community with access to solid financial solutions that put YOU first, not shareholders. The best part, GECU membership is open to anyone in the Greater Cincinnati.
When you become a GECU member:
- You are a member-owner at the third largest financial institution in Greater Cincinnati, not just any person with an account number.
- You have a voice in how the Credit Union is run.
- You are part of an organization that focuses on giving back to the communities it serves.
- You'll find we focus on serving our members, not profits.
- You get access to 57,500+ free ATMs across the country.*
- You'll see we have lower fees than banks.
- Your funds are protected by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- You have access to our top-rated mobile app.
At GECU, our members are really owners. But, what does that mean?
Your membership at GECU represents your share of the Credit Union and affords you all the great benefits of belonging to a Credit Union. Once you're a member, you're a member for life.
Do you live or work in the Greater Cincinnati area? If your answer is yes, that's really all it takes! If you're unsure, review each dropdown to see all the ways we make it easy to become a member at GECU.
Step 1: Verify your eligibility
- If you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the following counties in Ohio: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren.
- If you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the following counties in Kentucky: Boone, Campbell, Grant, Kenton, and Pendleton.
- If you live or work in one of the following counties in Indiana: Dearborn, Franklin, Ohio, Switzerland, and Union.
- If you're an immediate family member of a current member, including: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent/grandchild, step parents/children/siblings, and adoptive relationships.
- If you live and share household expenses with a current member.
- If you are an employee or pensioner of General Electric Company Aircraft Engine Division or General Electric Company in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- If you're employed by TriHealth, including: Bethesda North, Good Samaritan, and Group Health in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- If you're employed by Mercy Health in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- If you're employed by one of our 335+ Cincinnati Select Employer Groups (SEGs).
- If you're a parishioner of All Saints Church, Assumption Catholic Parish, Crestview Presbyterian Church, Forest Chapel United Methodist Church, Glen Este Church of Christ, North Cincinnati Community Church, Sharonville United Methodist Church, St. Michael's Church, or True Holiness Covenant of the Peace Woodlawn Assembly.
- If you are an employee, student, or family member to a student at Kings Local Schools, Loveland City Schools, or Mason City Schools.
Step 2: Open an account
- Your email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Your Social Security Number
- A valid Driver's License or other government issued ID
If you have questions or you're still not sure if you're eligible, give us a call at: 513.243.4328 or 800.542.7093. We're here to help!
*Our ATM network is fee free for GECU members. In-network ATMs include: GECU, Allpoint, and Fifth Third ATM networks. For more details visit: gecreditunion.org/debit-atm-access. Foreign transaction fees apply to out-of-network ATMs, please review our Fee Schedule for those details.
Back to Top