- May 18, 2022
- Posted by General Electric Credit Union
- 3 read
Celebrate GECU’s Zoo Babies Sponsorship with 4 Money Tips You’ll Go Wild For!
Sometimes, life can feel like trekking through the jungle without a map or crossing the ocean without a paddle. Luckily, there are some tried-and-true ways for Improving the Quality of Your Financial Life. Use the following tips and resources from General Electric Credit Union (GECU) to open doors no matter what stage of life you’re in. Then, visit our Facebook or Instagram to access exciting giveaways and information about discounted tickets to Zoo Babies at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden. As this year’s sponsor, we hope you enjoy #GECUattheZoo.
4 money tips for financial well-being
1. Swing like a monkey
Monkeys use the treetops to get from point A to point B. GECU’s dedicated team, robust digital services, and competitive products are the vines you need to swing toward financial success. Take advantage of:
- Free Online Banking and mobile app access.1
- Competitive rates on credit cards and loans.
- Feature-rich checking accounts that are easy to love!
- Interactive Teller Machines (ITM), which go beyond a traditional ATM to offer you both self-service and assisted options. Cash and deposit checks, make a loan payment, withdraw cash in denominations as low as $1 and more 24/7/365. With ITMs, account access is on your schedule!
Tip: Not a Credit Union member yet? Apply online in minutes! You’re eligible for membership if you live, work, worship, or attend school in select Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky counties.
2. Reach like a giraffe
Your goals are in reach, and you have access to the tools and resources to help you accomplish them. Look to Money Management to track goals, revaluate your budget, and strategize your debt payoff plan. This visual dashboard is a fantastic way to take the pulse of your financial well-being and plot a course to greener treetops.
3. Float like a manatee
Work smarter, not harder! GECU offers a wealth of tools and features that make managing your finances easy. You’ll have more time to float in the pool with friends and family this summer when you:
- Enroll in Round-Up.2 This program puts your savings on the lazy river to success because, once enrolled, your debit card purchases are automatically rounded up to the nearest dollar. Then, the spare change is deposited into your savings account.
- Set customized account alerts. Know when your balance is above or below a previously specified amount, a loan payment is overdue, and much more.
- Set up Bill Pay.3 No more having to remember the login information for multiple sites or spending a small fortune on postage for the mail. Now, Bill Pay consolidates all your eBills into one secure, convenient portal.
4. Persevere like a hippo
The story of Fiona the Hippo captured the entire nation. Her strength and perseverance had everyone cheering for her and her mother, Bibi, as the Cincinnati Zoo’s dedicated caregivers worked hard to help both mom and calf thrive.
You can emulate this perseverance in your own financial life. When the going gets tough, wade through the obstacles and propel yourself to a better tomorrow by maintaining a positive mindset and leaning on your resources as a GECU member, including:
- Free one-on-one guidance from a Credit Union team member.
- Access to your FICO® Score for free,4 so you can spot areas of improvement and boost your borrowing power.
- Debt management assistance, so you can get back on track.
- Investment Services available through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS), so you can prepare for the future.5
GECU is ecstatic to be this years’ sponsor of Zoo Babies for the second year in a row! Visit us on Facebook or Instagram to keep up with giveaways and other ways we're celebrating the Zoo's newest additions.