Money Management analyzes your finances and spending habits to provide insight tailored to you, allowing you to make informed financial decisions. Start by connecting all your accounts, loans, and investments, from any institution, in just 5 minutes.
Your money management destination
Track savings or debt payoff goals
Auto-generate a budget
Connect accounts in 5 minutes
Discover the capabilities
With Money Management, you can:
- View your overall spending in easy-to-understand charts to find opportunities to save.
- See all your bills in one place, set reminders, and easily hop into Bill Pay to schedule payments in an instant.
- Follow an auto-generated budget based on your spending habits and easily make changes as needed.
- Set custom alerts for non-GECU account balances, a large expense or deposit, when you're close to reaching your budget, and more.
- Establish goals to pay off a loan or save for an upcoming event or purchase.
- Receive tips to help pay down the right debt first – quickly and more efficiently.
- View all your investments in one place and determine your net worth.
It's secure, simple, and always with you
Forget about logging in to multiple accounts to view your finances and spending. Everything you need to know is in one secure location.
Not all budgets are created equal. Easily adjust and manage budgets in one place and quickly identify ones that need your attention based on color and size. Get started with an auto-generated budget based on your past spending habits and make changes to fit your lifestyle and stay on track.
Spending and trends
How much do you spend on entertainment every month? With the spending tool, you can quickly identify your biggest expenses and categorize your spending. The trends feature shows you category spending over time and compares it to your income, showing where and when you may need to cut back.
Pay your debt down faster with Money Management's debt tool. See all your loans and debt in one hub and learn techniques on how you can pay them off in less time and pay less in interest.
What are your financial goals? Saving for a house, vacation, retirement, or an emergency fund? Goals help you plan for short- or long-term financial ambitions. Set savings, debt payoff, or retirement goals and easily track how much you've saved for each goal.
Net worth is the most important value in personal finance as it takes everything into account: what you have and what you owe, as well as what you earn, save, spend, and pay toward debt.
With the net worth tool in Money Management, track and monitor the net sum of all your assets and liabilities. Drill down to see what makes up your gains and losses.
Money Management FAQs
Money Management needs your username and passwords to provide you with up-to-date information on your accounts. We use this information to establish a secure connection with your financial institution, investment company, or credit card provider so we can download and categorize your transaction information securely and automatically.
- When inside of Money Management, click Accounts on the far left then Add an Account.
- Search for the financial institution in the search bar and click the name to enter your account log in information for that institution.
- Click Connect and it will appear on the left as it retrieves information.
- You may be required to enter in additional verification information established with the external account.
- When finished adding new accounts, click the X in the top right corner to return to all accounts.
Hiding an account means we’re still linked to your account and will still keep track of your transactions in it; we just won’t show it to you. The account will appear under Accounts marked as Excluded, but not appear in your account total on the right under All Accounts or under your Transactions.
Here’s how to exclude your account:
- In the main accounts page, select the account you want to exclude.
- On the right, click Exclude Account and click Exclude.
- To unhide account, select the account and click Re-Include This Account and Include to confirm.
You can remove mobile access to your account, change your password, or delete the account entirely within Online Banking. With your username and password and biometric security options, your accounts are protected on your mobile device.
You can set up a variety of custom alerts for all your accounts in Money Management including non-GECU accounts. To get started, open Money Management in Online Banking or our mobile app. Click the gear icon in the top right corner to access the Settings. Select and customize a variety of notification options.
General Electric Credit Union is a full-service financial institution headquartered in Cincinnati with branches in Ohio and Kentucky.
Money Minutes Blog
The world of credit scores doesn't have to be confusing. Enjoy our free, downloadable eBook The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Credit Scores.