Social media guidelines
- Be respectful. We welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and feedback; however, we ask that participants treat each other, as well as GECU team members, with respect. Additionally, please refrain from using obscenities, profanity, or making comments that are illegal, abusive, defamatory, or harmful.
- Protect your identity. To protect the security of your personal and financial information, do not include this information when posting to our public social media sites. Personal/financial information includes: your Social Security number, member number, account number, Online Banking credentials, or your debit/credit card numbers. GECU will never ask for your personal information on our social media sites, with the exception of your phone number or email address sent via private message, should we need to reach you to discuss a comment or question further. In return, we ask you to protect the identity of GECU team members and provide GECU team member names via direct message only.
- Don’t spam. Content posted to a GECU social media site for the purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal or monetary gain is not appropriate and will be deleted. Additionally, users who are posting spam messages may be blocked.
Our social media sites are monitored during the hours of 8 am and 5 pm EST Monday – Friday, with the exclusion of federal holidays. While we sometimes might respond after normal business hours, we cannot guarantee we will be able to address or resolve any issues or questions until the next business day.
For issues concerning your personal or business accounts, you must contact Member Support by:
- Sending a secure message or starting a chat from Online Banking or our mobile app.
- Calling us at: 513.243.4328 or 800.543.7093.
- Emailing us at: [email protected] (do not include personal or confidential information)
If you have a specific social media issue, please email our Marketing Department directly at: [email protected] with a description of the issue and your contact information. This email box is monitored during the hours of 8 am and 5 pm EST Monday – Friday, with the exclusion of federal holidays. A full listing of contact information.
The official voice of GECU is the social media page owner, posting on behalf of GECU. If you feel someone is posting falsely as GECU – please contact us immediately at: [email protected].