Title Processing & Support Services
Please review the information below, using the quick links to find the information most relevant to your needs today.
How can we help you today?
- I need a duplicate lien release.
- I am moving to a new state and need to register my vehicle.
- I paid off my loan - what can I expect to receive?
- I need to add/remove or change a name on my title.
- I just purchased/refinanced my car and need to register.
To request a lien release, use our Duplicate Lien Release request form. There is a $25 fee associated with this request which will be collected prior to submission. You will need your vehicle's VIN, a debit/credit card, and your 5-digit zip code in order to complete this form.
To request a state-to-state title change, complete our State-to-State Change request form to request the title on file be sent to your local DMV/title agency. There is a $50 fee associated with this request which will be collected prior to submission. You will need your vehicle's VIN, a debit/credit card, and your 5-digit zip code in order to complete this form. If your account has previously been paid in full, you will need to contact your local title agency for further instructions as GECU is no longer the lienholder.
You’ve paid off your loan. That’s exciting! Now what?
10 business days after the loan is paid off, you will be mailed a letter indicating your vehicle has been paid in full; this letter will also include title information. If you need to update your mailing address, log in to Online Banking or our mobile app or contact us.
Note: We do not store titles at GECU office locations; they are not available for pick-up.
- Ohio: After receiving documentation indicating your lien has been satisfied, you may exchange it at any County Clerk of Courts Title Office for a clear, paid-in-full title (fees may be charged by the Title Office). For more information and a list of County Clerk's Offices, please visit: www.bmv.ohio.gov/titles-out-state.aspx
- Indiana: After receiving documentation indicating your lien has been satisfied, you may visit your local Titling Office to apply for a new title (fees may be charged by the Title Office). For more information, visit: in.gov/bmv/titles/liens
- Kentucky: After your loan is paid off, we’ll issue a Termination Statement. In the state of Kentucky, you hold the paper title; keep your Termination Statement with your paper title until you’re ready to trade-in or sell your vehicle. For more information, visit: drive.ky.gov
You will need to contact our Phone Loan Department for further information on what is required. You can reach them at: 513.243.5626.
Congratulations on your new vehicle! Before you can register your vehicle, the title must be transferred into your name. This process and timeframe can vary depending how the vehicle was acquired.
- Dealership Purchase: If you purchased your vehicle from a local dealership, you will need to contact the dealership's title clerk to inquire about the status of your title.
- Private Seller/Refinanced from Another Financial Institution: If the vehicle was purchased from a private seller or you refinanced from another financial institution, General Electric Credit Union will process your title work with the county clerk’s office. Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive a memorandum title or proper documentation to register your vehicle. On rare occasions, we may need your assistance in completing the title work; should that be the case, we will notify you.
Back to Top