More than just a checking account.
Amplified High-Yield Checking is a high-performing checking account with significant earning potential. This account features five tiers and as balances increase, so does the rate!
Always earn a great rate with Amplified's top two tiers adjusting weekly with the 1-Month Treasury Bill (T-Bill) rate. Every week, the variable rate for balances beginning at $250,000, will adjust in accordance to the 1-Month T-Bill. No need to look for the next best rate, you're already receiving it.
What is the T-Bill rate? Rates on Treasury Bills are set by market action and reflect the stability and direction of the overall market. The 1-Month T-Bill rate fluctuates daily; the rates for the two highest-balanced tiers will be updated every Tuesday, based on the preceding Friday's rates.
- $25 minimum to open
- $15 monthly maintenance fee; waived with a $1,500 average daily balance
- Five tiers for increased earning potential
- Free access to 57,500+ ATMs nationwide as our GECU in-network ATMs include all: GECU, Fifth Third, and Allpoint Network ATMs1
- Plus, 10 monthly reimbursements for out-of-network ATM fees2
- Free first book of checks
- View your FICO® Score for free within Online Banking and mobile app
- Insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000
|Up to $1,499.99||.05%||.05%|
|$1,500 - $49,999.99||.20%||.20%|
|$50,000 - $249,999.99||.69%||.70%|
|$250,000 - $999,999.99 (br) (Variable based on 1-Month Treasury Bill)||.69%||.70%|
|$1,000,000+ (br) (Variable based on 1-Month Treasury Bill)||.69%||.70%|
Optional FREE Benefits
- Round-Up is an easy way to build your savings as you use your debit card every day! Each purchase you make gets rounded up to the nearest dollar, then the extra change gets transferred from your checking account to your GECU savings account automatically. Plus, we’ll match 5% of your rounded-up funds, up to $350 a year!4
- Set up Overdraft Protection Transfers, to cover overdrafts in your checking account. Funds will automatically transfer from a linked account to cover overdrafts and bring your balance up to zero. You're protected, for free!5
Managing your finances is easy when you've got the right tools.
- Free, top-rated Online Banking and mobile app services:6
- Add your GECU debit card to your favorite mobile or online digital wallet: Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™, Google Pay™, Visa Checkout®, or Masterpass
- Overdraft solutions including Overdraft Protection Transfers or an Overdraft Line of Credit
Ready to switch? ClickSWITCH makes it easy!
We understand that switching your checking account may sound like an overwhelming task, but it doesn’t have to be. ClickSWITCH helps move your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new GECU checking account in 10 minutes or less.
To open your account and get started with ClickSWITCH:
The 1-Month T-Bill rate fluctuates daily; we will update this rate (within the top two tiers) every Tuesday, based on the preceding Friday’s rate. If the preceding Friday, Monday, or Tuesday are an observed holiday, the rates will be updated the following Wednesday. The current Amplified High-Yield Checking rate can be found on our deposit rates page.
Membership eligibility required. Visit our Membership & Eligibility page for details.
1Our ATM network is fee free for withdrawals for GECU debit cardholders. In-network ATMs include: GECU, Allpoint, and Fifth Third ATM networks. For more details visit our Debit Card Access page. Foreign transaction fees apply to out-of-network ATMs, please review our Fee Schedule for those details.
2GECU will rebate up to 10 out-of-network (foreign) ATM fees per month per membership account when you use your GECU debit card to make: a deposit, withdrawal, transfer or balance inquiry. Fees are rebated at the end of the month.
3If your average daily balance is below $1,500, you will incur a $15 monthly maintenance fee. Dividend rates are based on the account balance and account tier. The tiers are as follows: Tier 1 daily balance of $0.01 to $1,499.99; Tier 2 daily balance of $1,500 to $49,999.99; Tier 3 daily balance of $50,000 to $249,999.99; Tier 4 daily balance of $250,000 to $999,999.99 (1-Month Treasury Bill); Tier 5 daily balance of 1,000,000 or more (1-Month Treasury Bill). Tiers 4 and 5 are subject to variable-rate pricing and will adjust weekly. Under no circumstance will Tier 4 and Tier 5 rates be less than the stated Tier 3 rate. We will update this rate weekly on Tuesday to reflect the previous Friday’s 1-Month Treasury Bill rate. If the preceding Friday, Monday, or Tuesday are an observed holiday, the rates will be updated the following Wednesday. The 1-Month Treasury Bill rate can be found from the U.S. Department of Treasury site under the “Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rate” drop down option. We use the daily balance method to calculate the dividend on your account. Dividends begin to accrue no later than the business day we receive the deposit to your account. You will receive the accrued dividends if you close your account before dividends are posted. Annual Percentage Yield will vary due to account activity and balance. Fees may reduce earnings.
4Round-Up is only available for Simply Free, Choice, and Amplified High-Yield Checking accounts. Funds will be added to member’s chosen GECU savings or money market account; excluding Certificates, IRAs, or IRA Money Market accounts. Match will be paid on eligible funds at the end of the month with an annual match limit up to $350; reportable on IRS Form 1099.
5Overdraft Protection Transfer is only available to: Simply Free, Choice, and Amplified High-Yield Checking accountholders. Please refer to Truth in Savings for Regulation D limitations. Should you reach your maximum transactions with your primary overdraft savings account, the switch to your secondary overdraft account will occur next business day.
6We provide Online Banking, our mobile app, and text alerts to you for free; however, mobile/internet data and text message charges from your service provider may apply.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Back to Top